How do you create a digital customer journey that mirrors impeccable in-person customer service?
Orkin is the number one pest and wildlife control service in Canada. Their local experts have been protecting homes and businesses for over 65 years.
Orkin came to Major Tom to build a digital presence across Canada and to solidify their positioning as the industry’s leading pest control service. They sought to increase their digital lead volume and revenue across all of their regional service areas.
Orkin site was vast — so vast, that users were lost and disoriented. While the depth was good for SEO, it was terrible for conversions. Orkin needed a clear pathway for their users to take and the marketing strategy to bring them home.
Increase lead volume year-over-year (YoY)
Decrease cost-per-lead (CPL) YoY
Communicate the Orkin brand and dedication to service through their website
A marketing strategy that leads users to convert.
The solution required a holistic strategy involving both marketing and website development. Before directing traffic to it, Orkin’s website needed to be renovated with users in mind.
For Orkin’s website we:
- Restructured Orkin’s content and navigation, making it user friendly.
- Used a mobile-first approach to design in order to streamline conversions regardless of the device used.
- Created intuitive and quick user-centric navigation.
- Organized content with audience segments (B2C or B2B) in mind.
- Improved the look and feel of the site, communicating the Orkin brand succinctly and effectively.
- Improved accessibility for disabled users.
Once Orkin’s site was user-friendly and optimized for conversions, the Major Tom team created subsets within a national campaign designed to funnel users back to their landing pages.
Due to the specific budgets and goals of Orkin’s individual service areas, Major Tom set to create hyperlocal ad targeting by breaking their national campaign down to service-, region-, market- and language-specific efforts. Major Tom also introduced a variety of dynamic ads to tailor messaging to each user, further differentiating the ad experience across Orkin’s service audiences.