How do you scale a digital strategy to encompass markets worldwide?
Criteo, a B2B technology company, operates worldwide in 30 markets. They’re a global leader in eCommerce marketing, driving client growth with personalized retargeting and online display advertisements.
Criteo partnered with Major Tom to scale up their digital strategy. Without in-house resources, they needed an agency partner to help plan lead strategies, increase interaction in B2B markets, create high-value content to assure brand loyalty, and integrate user tracking into their digital strategy. They also needed to rapidly scale their marketing both in size and in reach across several different countries.
Increase interaction in B2B markets
Integrate user tracking
Develop a long-term digital strategy
Implementing a holistic approach led to long-term success, cementing Criteo’s marketplace foothold
Initially, we generated a short-term visibility boost while simultaneously building for long-term success. By creating a strategy that joined together a range of marketing techniques, we crafted a holistic approach. We merged a spectrum of digital marketing tactics including SEO, content curation, marketing automation, lead generation, and customer journey mapping.
Turning strategy into action involved the following channels and methods:
- Pay-per-click (PPC): We scaled the existing PPC strategy to direct traffic to key lead-generating landing pages and focused on users searching for retargeting-related terms. Managing Criteo’s million-dollar budget meant tracking the cost-per-lead diligently to achieve the desired ROI.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Our team improved keyword density on the website and incorporated targeted key phrases through content optimization.
- Video: By restructuring Criteo’s YouTube account based on relevance, competitive findings and YouTube analytics we optimized content visibility.
- Marketing Automation: We mapped Criteo’s buyer persona types and paths, integrated Salesforce CRM with Pardot marketing automation, and consolidated over 30 existing customer databases for streamlined uploading into Pardot.
- Analytics: We fine-tuned Criteo’s content management system (CMS) to measure the impact on website users and used UX tracking to ensure site navigation stayed smooth. We optimized for conversions using Crazy Egg heat mapping software and coordinated with Google Analytics to track data for multiple pages and languages.
We built robust content across 11 language sites and expanded this to 17 sites during the campaign. This enabled Criteo to bring in more qualified leads from around the globe. Ultimately, our approach let Criteo outgrow their competitors and cement their position within the marketplace.